The majority of the City of San Jacinto main line sewer collection system maintenance is provided by the San Jacinto City Wastewater Division. Along with the sewer interceptor and various sewer collection system locations, wastewater treatment is done by Eastern Municipal Water District.
- Respond to emergency collection system main line scenarios and blockages and remedy as needed.
- Provide an ongoing aggressive preventative maintenance program to avoid any possible collection system main line blockages.
- Map and video City collection system main line sewer system.
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and update as required the three current City sewer lift stations.
- Replacement of all sewer lids with City of San Jacinto markings.
- Implement grease and root control program.
- Continue work on sewer line replacement upgrades and deletion of existing sewer drop manholes.
- Continue education and certification of operators in compliance with the Wastewater industry.
City Sewer Collection System
The City’s sewer wastewater collection system consists of approximately 178 miles of main sewer lines ranging in sizes from 6” to 18”. Access to the collection system is provided with 2,774 manhole access locations.
In addition to underground lines the City also operates 3 lift stations located on Mistletoe Ave. Cottonwood Ave. and Savory Lane. Preventative maintenance efforts include sewer main line cleaning (jetting), inspecting sewer main lines with video cameras, grease and root control program, older/faulty sewer line replacement and future growth requirements.
"No Drugs Down the Drain" Campaign
Also of Interest...