The City of San Jacinto is a general law city which operates under the laws of the State of California and applicable ordinances adopted by the City Council. The City has a Council-Manager form of government.
About the City Council
The City Council consists of five representatives chosen at large by the electorate. The Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem are then elected by the Council. The Mayor and Council set policy, enact legislation, and adopt the budget under which the city operates. The City Manager, appointed by the Council, is the chief administrator for the City.
- Meeting Frequency and Time Change Notice (02/9/2017)
- Download the Notice of City Council Reorganization (updated 03/09/17)
City Council Members
Mayor Pro Tem
List of Council Local Appointments for 2017
- Download the 2017 Local Appointments List (effective 2/7/17)
Other City Officials
City Treasurer, Kaleena Richards.
Regular City Council meetings are held on the first Tuesday and third Tuesday of each month at the San Jacinto Unified School District Chambers, 2045 S. San Jacinto Avenue, San Jacinto, and at such other times as special meetings may be called. Meetings begin with a Closed Session at 6 p.m., and an Open Session starting at 6:30 p.m.
Should a regularly scheduled Council meeting fall on a holiday, the meeting shall be conducted the next regular business day. Council Agendas are posted on the San Jacinto Public Records page, where you have access to Agendas, Minutes, and Staff Reports.
The mission of the City Council is:
- To build upon and enjoy our special heritage
- To create an attractive, well-planned and balanced community that supports our citizens and businesses
- To provide a safe and healthy community that offers education, employment, recreation, and cultural opportunities
- To promote pride in San Jacinto
Board, commission and committee members are appointed by the City Council.
The planning commission advises the council on development matters within the City.
Regular Planning Commission meetings are held every third Monday of the month at 7 p.m in the San Jacinto Unified School District Chambers, 2045 S. San Jacinto Avenue, San Jacinto. Planning Commission agendas are provided on the agenda page.
- Steve Warneke, Chairman
- Leticia Arciniega, Vice Chairman
- Jesse Martinez
- Jerry Mossbarger
- Andrew Seitl